This classic mini pear tart is made with a sweet tart dough and filled with fresh pears and frangipane (almond cream) to make 12.
- 85g butter, unsalted and softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g almond meal
- pinch of salt
- Few drops of almond essence
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Fresh ripe thinnly sliced pears
- 1 x 435g packet Careme shortcrust pastry
- Cut pastry into 12 discs x 11cm diameter and place into greased & floured large muffins tins or tart tins.
- Beat together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Stir in almond, eggs and almond essence.
- Fold in half the pears and spoon into party shells.
- Smooth the top using the back if a metal spoon.
- Place remaining pears on top of tarts and push down lightly.
- Bake 170c fan for approximately 45 minutes.
- Cool tarts and dust with icing sugar.
How we Eat It
The tart is best served on it’s own or with a simple dollop of whipped cream.
Caterina's top 3 Tips
- Add fresh lemon zest or a touch of dark rum.
- For added flavor: Infuse the frangipane with 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom.
- Recommend using Bosc pears for their flavour.