These fragrant orange biscuits are perfect for dunking in coffee.
- 1 whole egg
- 125g caster sugar
- 60ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 310g self raising flour
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
To make these fragrant orange biscuits without butter, let’s start by preparing the soft shortcrust pastry.
- In a bowl add the egg, sugar, vanilla and mix. Pour in the orange juice, olive oil and combine.
- In another bowl, prepare the flour and add a pinch of salt. Slowly mix everything and add the solids to the liquids.
- Mix everything until you get a homogeneous loaf of shortcrust pastry.
- Place the mix into a piping bag with a very large tip, and pipe onto a lined baking sheet leaving a space between each biscuit. This recipe makes around 12 -15 biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven at 185° for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let the biscuits cool on a rack before storing them in an airtight container.
- Enjoy with your morning Coffee!
Why we like itThey are the perfect coffee-dunking biscuit!
How we Eat ItPerfect with a piping hot short black to dip it in. Don’t absorb too much and still have a little bit of crunch with that hint of orange.
Nonna Antonia's top 3 Tips
- If the mix is looking too dry, stop adding the dry mix to the wet ingredients or add more juice from another orange.
- You can change the flavour to lemon or coffee easily by switching out the orange.
- Play around with making different shapes!